Thursday, June 17, 2010

Dress to Halter Top Refashion

When I started this refashion I intended to take plenty of pictures throughout the process.  Instead I got going and didn't stop.

I started with this ladies dress which had some beautiful colors but just wasn't the dress for anyone in this house.   I measured and cut straight across around the waist.  The hem of the skirt would now be the hem of the halter top.


I simply made a casing around the top of the skirt and then ran elastic through it so that it would fit snugly on Jonah.  Not too tight but just enough to draw the top in.  I took what used to the thin belt/tie from the dress and made it into the tie around the neck.

Both sides of the skirt were slit pretty high so I stitched them up only leaving a couple inches open at the bottom.  Finally we simply took a wide piece of coordinating ribbon that she can use to tie up the waist if she chooses.

This was a very easy refashion with a happy recipient.

9 comments:

  1. Hey great blog. I am ur newest follower.
    Plz do visit me. I hope u follow back
    http://beingzaraandzidan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m following you now on Trendy Treehouse! Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

    Ron

    http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. I am your new follower come by my site and visit at http://showmemama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE! I am your newest follower. Please check out my blog when you can. I woould love for you to follow me. I have 3 really great giveaways right now with low entries! Have a great day!~Heather http://livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com/2010/06/friday-favorites.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you did a great job!!

    Following you back from FMBT! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone!! Thanks for the follows and I have visited everyone's blogs above and am following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is simply adorable!!! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog - I'm happy to find another thrifty soul. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a neat idea...I never would have thought of that!

    Thank you for linking up to Fab Friday this week.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete