Monday, June 21, 2010

Make Your Own Framed Art

I want to start by apologizing for my crooked picture taking.  I swear the pictures are level on the wall however I apparently need a level attached to my camera because I take crooked pictures.  LOL

I was needing some art to hang on my bedroom wall but I wasn't about to spend a ton of money to get it. I found these great frames at Walmart and they were on clearance for $1.50 each because they had been beaten up a little. This was fine with me, who doesn't love the distressed look.

After I bought the frames I started going through picture files on our computer.  My husband loves to take scenery pictures so I was sure I could find some that I loved.  
I found 4 pictures and I printed them off on plain old printer paper in black and white.  They came out great and they cost me very little.

This first one was taken at a Marina in Paducah Ky.


The second one was taken at the small pond that is near the bottom of the St. Louis Arch.


The third one is on a bike trail at Rend Lake near my home.  You can barely see way ahead on the trail, the little dot is my girls on their bikes.


The final picture is part of an old fence out on my Mom's property.



When my husband came home and saw that I had put his pictures on the wall he was thrilled.  I have considered doing some more and chances are I probably will.  We have plenty more great outdoor pictures.

Linked to: Coastal Charm, The Thrifty Home, Life as Lori

3 comments:

  1. It is always nice to have pix that are personal hanging up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo's, they look fabulous in the frames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think personal is always brilliant - makes a great contrast with whatever, purchased stuff living on your walls.

    ReplyDelete