Friday, June 25, 2010

Peanut Butter Banana Bread


I found this great recipe for Peanut Butter Banana muffins however I decided to make it as a bread.  

Here is what I used:

  1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup quick cooking oats
1/3 cup firmly packed organic brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1 large mashed banana
  1 egg
2 tablespoons applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla

I did not make the topping.

Heat oven to 375°F.
Combine flour, oats, brown sugar and baking powder. Whisk together milk, peanut butter, banana, egg, applesauce and vanilla; add to dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened. Pour into greased bread pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

This made a great bread.  It was not very sweet but it was rich and delicious.  It didn't make it through the night.  Thankfully I got one slice!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! I have bananas that seriously need to be turned into something but I'm so sick of my regular banana bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds like something my kids would devour! Thanks for sharing the recipe. (I'm here via Tatertots and Jello) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete