Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pear Bread Delight


I followed this recipe at RecipeZaar however I halved all the ingredients in order to only make 1 loaf.

Here are my adaptations:

  1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour 
  1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder
  1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/8 cup applesauce
  2 egg, slightly beaten
  1 cup organic sugar
1 can of pears in juice drained and diced
  1 teaspoon vanilla


Combine flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine oil, eggs, sugar, pears and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon mixture into 1 greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3 inch loaf pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until done. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans.

I made this bread yesterday afternoon and as of tonight it is gone!  Everyone loved it and it was really easy to make.  The girls didn't notice the addition of whole wheat so I will be adding more of that in every time I bake.  I sliced it into 14 slices.  A very yummy bread!

Linked to: A Southern Fairytale, Sumo's Sweet Stuff and Homemaker Monday

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for stopping by that bread indeed looks delicious feel like have some of it now..thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that this recipe uses canned pears. It sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mayya, Loved checking out your adorable dresses. Thanks for stopping by!

    April, it came out so good with the canned pears. Even though the original recipe did call for fresh, I just didn't have any on hand. I seem to never make a recipe exactly as it is written. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!! I've never heard of pear bread!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to try this. My daughter loves pears! Using the canned pears makes this super easy!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete