Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rice, Broccoli and Sausage One Pot Meal


I absolutely love One Pot Meals!
Whether I am using my slow cooker or just a large pot on the stove I love the ease and forgiveness of one pot meals.
Sometimes I follow recipes and other times I am just winging it.  Last night I threw together this one pot meal that was delicious and savory and everyone loved it.

My ingredients:
1 1/3 Cup Home made Chicken Stock
2/3 Cup Water
1 Cup Uncooked Long Grain Rice
1/4 lb Ground Sausage
1 Box Green Giant Broccoli and Cheese
Garlic, Salt and Pepper to taste

I started by cooking the rice in the chicken stock and water until it was done.  While the rice was cooking I browned up the ground sausage.   Because this was a fattier sausage and it was spicy I only used 1/4 lb mainly just to give it the flavor.  When the sausage was browned I crumbled in the box of Broccoli and cheese.  Once the broccoli was thoroughly heated and the cheese sauce was melted I stirred in the rice.  I added my seasoning to taste and kept it over the low heat a few minutes longer to let all the flavors mesh together.

This turned out so yummy and rich, everyone really enjoyed it.

Linked to: Grocery Cart Challenge, Tidy Mom

4 comments:

  1. YUM!Thanks for linking up and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One pot meals are wonderful, and your recipe sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One pot = less cooking... my kind of recipe! This looks really tasty - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks TidyMom and zentmrs!

    ReplyDelete