Friday, July 16, 2010

Another Dress for K and a Skirt with Purse for R

Okay so you remember on the last post I had bad pics?? Well hopefully this will be the last of my bad pics. Once again I didn't think of taking pictures of everything until I got there so I have some phone pics and some camera pics.    I do think I have this together now! LOL

I actually moved all my sewing to my bedroom and set up shop instead of just hanging out in the kitchen in everyone's way. 

So here we go,  I made K a sweet dress from Simplicity 5118.

I used a soft baby flannel.  The dress is sweet and simple.


Next I made R a skirt that she fell in love with!  R is 7 and she had a little bit of input about what she wanted.  I used a 1980 Simplicity 9736 pattern for the skirt.  Very basic and easy to put together.  The print is very wild and R loves it.  Several years ago I had made Jonah a skirt from this same material and it was one of her favorites.  R wanted lace and a purse so I obliged.



That should be the last of my terrible pics.  Now that I am more organized with my little sewing nook I think things are going to go smoother.  So from now on you should actually be seeing pictures taken from my camera instead of phone at the last minute.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Stopping by from New Friend Friday ... cute skirt! My daughter, who is 7, is just learning to sew on a machine and a skirt is the next class she is doing.

    Have a great weekend!
    Alicia
    www.kramercottageschool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday!
    Hope you'll visit me back!!
    Jennifer @ The Craft Barn
    http://thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. your dress is very sweet.
    I also used that pattern to make a top a few years ago, .
    thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete