I know these don't actually look like muffins however I learned very early on that when I bake something like this we are lucky if it makes it through a day or two. If they turn out really good they may not make it through the night! ;)
Anyway, I got very tired of taking the time to fill all the cups to make the muffins and the moment they are cool the kids (and hubby) eat them all. So I just started making them in an 8X8 pan and then I cut them in 16 squares. Works for me.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Organic Sugar
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Make a well in center of mixture. Combine applesauce, eggs, sugars, ,mashed bananas and vanilla.
- Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Spoon mixture into greased 8X8 pan or you can use a muffin tin
- Bake at 375 for 20 - 25 minutes (I am sure the time will be less for muffins. Cool and then cut into squares.
This is a pretty thick batter and it does make a more dense muffin. They are very yummy not too sweet and good for my family.