Saturday, July 17, 2010

Healthy "Fresh Peach" Muffins


Last weekend I made a Banana Muffin recipe that everyone loved so when I noticed I had a couple of very very ripe peaches I thought.....why not make Peach Muffins.

So I used the Banana Muffin recipe and just substituted the peaches.



  • 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup Organic Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 cup Organic Sugar
  • 2 ripe peaches peeled and diced
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  1. Combine flour, soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
  2. Make a well in center of mixture. Combine applesauce, eggs, sugars, ,mashed bananas and vanilla.
  3. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
  4. Spoon mixture into greased 8X8 pan or you can use a muffin tin
  5. Bake at 375 for 20 - 25 minutes (I am sure the time will be less for muffins.  Cool and then cut into squares. 
 As you can tell in the picture above they were well loved!  Another recipe that did not last very long in this house.

A couple months ago I had tried a different Peach Muffin recipe I had found online and nobody liked it very much at all so the girls were really pleased with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment