Saturday, July 3, 2010

Homemade Cinnamon Syrup


I have shared this recipe on my other blog before but it is definitely one for sharing with you guys too.

I originally found it at Recipezaar.

The ingredients are simple, and I usually have them on hand.

* 1 cup sugar
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons flour
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 2/3 cup water
* 2 tablespoons butter
Mix sugar, salt, flour, and cinnamon.
Add water and bring to a boil.
Boil until thickened.
Stir in butter.
Serve over pancakes, waffles, or french toast.


Linked to: I Heart Nap Time!, Skip to My Lou

4 comments:

  1. Three of my favorite words :)) LOL!!!!
    ~ Homemade ~ Cinnamon ~ Syrup ~
    Just doesn't get any better than that!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing!!
    Have a wonderful day!!!
    ~ Michella ~
    ~ ~ xoxo ~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here via Nettacow and I have to say, this sounds awesome! We enjoy the chokecherry syrup I made last summer, but I like to have a more 'standard' type of syrup on hand as well. This would fit the bill since very few waffles/pancakes I make do not include cinnamon in them. I just love it too much to not sneak some into the batter! And now on top as well :)

    Thanks for the recipe!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, I'm late in getting over here to mention that I linked on my weekly roundup - oh, how I love cinnamon! :>) Thanks for sharing -

    ReplyDelete