Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kitchen Redo $200 Budget: Pt. 7 Newly Painted Cabinets

Last time I posted about my kitchen I showed you my new Silver Dust walls and the blue door.

Before I started painting the cabinets a second time they looked like this.


Not really loving the orange!

So I used my new blue hue to paint the cabinets and all of the trim work.


Please ignore my totally covered cabinets....there is still so much to do in the kitchen!

These are the only cabinets in the whole kitchen so I do not have a lot of  space to put things.

We have decided that we will be leaving the upper cabinet doors off and painting the inside.  Over time I plan to change out all of my dishes to white and clear glass.  This however will be something that takes a while and will not come from the $200 budget, that is just to get it redecorated.  Right now I am still at $111!


It did not take me very long to know that we were not the kind of family who could have nearly white walls.  In only a couple weeks stains were starting to appear.  So the decision was made to use the blue and paint halfway up the wall.  Thankfully I had just enough paint to complete this.



My next step in this on going project is the counter top.  I will be using RustOleum Counter top paint and I think I will get it in light Ash.

If you haven't read the posts that got me here you can check them out now.






7 comments:

  1. I love your blue cabinets! I've been wanting to paint our bathroom cabinet blue - and I'm glad I saw yours -- becuase now I KNOW I want to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Amber.

    I'm a new follower from The Girl Creative.

    I have to admit I'm an orange junkie, so I loved the orange, too.

    I'm reading about your kitchen progress with great interest!

    Cheers,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Amanda and Becky!

    Thanks Laura. I loved the orange too, at least on the color swatch, but when I painted the room it just became too much for me.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im following from New Friend Friday! LOVE what you did with your kitchen :) It screams 50's retro which I LOVE!!

    Please check out my blog if you have a minute :)

    http://obviouslymarvelous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love a good makeover! The blue is great! You must have a great old house because the door is awesome!
    Great site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jennifer our house was built in the early 50's and that door leads to the laundry area which then goes down to the basement. I always wondered why that kind of door was there, the area is not an add on. :)

    I will be glad when the kitchen is done and I can move on to the next area.

    ReplyDelete