Saturday, August 7, 2010

Affordable Home Accents: Decorating with Red

Red is my very favorite color!  It has been for such a long time that I can't remember when I decided it was my favorite.  Maybe it is because I am so fair and red is a color that has always complimented me. 

Despite my love for red you will see little to none of it in my home, probably because it is not my husbands ideal color for decor.

So today I am just going to dream a little and show you some of my ideas of decorating with red!

I absolutely love this Tullsta chair from Ikea and it is only $99.  I would love this for an accent piece in my living room.


This 7pc Comforter Set at JcPenney is much more grand than the camel colored micro-suede set we have now but I think I could get used to it.  Again it is under $100.  


I'm not sure where I would put this Wrought Iron Gothic Candle Holder from Aspen Country but it is only $14.95 and I love it's uniqueness.


This worn looking Grand Hotel Clock from Target has caught my eye and it's price, $23.99


And these Aldonza Round Vases from Amazon are a little more budget busting at $145.40 but boy do I really like them.



Since we bought our house 4 yrs ago I have had difficulty redecorating mainly due to my indecisive nature.   I love so many styles I have a real hard time deciding what to do.  But I am seriously considering adding a little peak of red here and there throughout my home. 

Linked to: It's a Very Cherry World!


10 comments:

  1. Red is such a powerful color! I love it (alot) but I just realized I don't own a pinch of it! hmmm - what's up with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that a funny thing Donna?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Red in the candle holder & chair!

    Happy Rednesday,
    LOLA:)

    btw My Rednesday is posted if you can join me… HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your choices for decorating and I feel your pain with not knowing which way to go in terms of decorating. But a touch of red here and there can't hurt. Also, I've heard more than one design expert say that each room needs a touch of black too.
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nora!

    Ann, Black is easy! Most of my rooms have some black. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty reds. Please share if you do use these in your decorating. I'd love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were smart on this shopping trip. Just enjoyed all the things you would like to have at no cost. They do not charge us for looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS! Maybe you can talk him into a little more red around the house, my hubbins finally gave in...I put up some of my red walls today.
    www.neverfadingwood.blogspot.com

    ~Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a touch of red! Especially in a kitchen!

    ReplyDelete