Sunday, August 8, 2010

Favorite Pasta Salad Recipe: BLT Pasta Salad


Photo courtesy of Pamela! My picture could never come out as beautiful as hers.

One of my favorite places to get recipes is Food.com previously RecipeZaar.  I love a good Pasta Salad and this BLT Pasta Salad is a favorite!


  • 1 (7 ounce) packages rotini pasta or 1 (7 ounce) packages other pastacooked and drained
  • 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 1 cup mayonaisseor 1 cup salad dressing
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
  • 1/4 cup green onion sliced
  • 2 teaspoons chicken flavor instant boullion
  • 4 cups lettuce thinly sliced 
 Combine mayo, lemon juice, sugar and bouillon for the dressing.  Combine all remaining ingredients.  It is best to wait until you are ready to serve to add the lettuce.  Also you can easily cut down on the bacon and mayo to reduce calories.

Linked to: The Girl Creative

6 comments:

  1. I am loving this lucious salad recipe. I copied it quickly. I want to make it tomorrow, oops it is after midnight, I guess that makes it tonight. I love pasta salads and this sounds great. Nice to meet you on JSIWUM

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, yum! Im totally making this soon. And Im gonna try REEEEEAAAALLLY hard not to eat it all by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks deeeelish!! I can't wait to try it out!! I love your blog...the name just makes me smile! :D I am happy to be your newest follower and would love to have you link up to my parties on Fridays! Hope to see you there, lady! :)
    All the best,
    ~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!! I featured this recipe on my Yummy Wednesday blog post!
    Thanks,
    Jennifer
    http://thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com/2010/08/yummy-wednesday-811.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to all of you for your kind comments! I hope you all enjoy the recipe. I have visited all your blogs and plan to visit them more. I love making new bloggy friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this recipe! I like using Romaine in this pasta salad and I also find that a double batch of the dressing is necessary so it's nice and moist. If I make it the night before I will make another batch of the dressing to add right before taking the dish to a party or get together. Also, if you get in a pinch, you could always buy the bacon crumbles in the jar in the salad dressing aisle and use that instead of frying a whole pound of bacon and stinking up the house.

    ReplyDelete