Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Favorites and a Family Moment 8/27/10

What a week we have had!  I spoke earlier about our birthday celebration weekend.  Things didn't quite go as planned but all in all Jonah was pleased.  I would show you some pics of the festivities but sadly I have none.  

If you haven't gotten a chance to check out the cool handmade birthday cards Jonah received you can check them out here.


I did however manage to take a few pictures of Jonah on her first day of school which was Monday.  She was very excited to go to school.  Now both of the girls are in school and if I ever get things caught up around here like cleaning and organizing I may just have a moment to do some crafting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love browsing blogs for inspiration on crafting, sewing, cooking and decorating.  This week I came across some really cool blogs.

Here are my Friday Favorites this week:

A Whisk and a Prayer had this Slow Baked Mac and Cheese that makes me salivate just looking at it.  Yum!


Craft-O-Maniac shared a tutorial on making the CUTEST Mummy Treat jars I have ever seen!


Okay you have to stop by this girls website.....she is only 14 years old and AMAZING!!  Simply Handmade by Paige took a plus size dress and made it into a super cute little black dress any teen would love.


And finally.....Leafy Treetop Spot shared how she made 3 pairs of the most adorable baby booties.


8 comments:

  1. I am hosting a party over at Sassy Sites today too! I would love to have you join us and show off your fun blog! Come by and say hi and grab a button! oh... AND come and sign up for our giveaway too! $50 Gift Card in Vinyl Lettering!! xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Amber, thank you so much for the shout out and the feature. I am very flattered THANKS A BUNCH. Have a super night. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring me!!! I am SO impressed by those baby booties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sassy Sites!

    Your Welcome Jenglamgirl and Paige. Those booties are unbelievable aren't they? They look like they came from a boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out! The mac and cheese was delish and easy! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there,

    I'm your newest follower from the New Friend Fridays Blog Hop.

    I would love it if you came by for a visit sometime.

    Thanks so much,

    Marie

    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for featuring my baby booties. It makes me feel oh so special. What a great project round-up.

    ReplyDelete