Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ground Chuck and Potato Crock Pot Dish

It has been so hot lately that I really don't want to run the oven or even the stove.  So Wednesday I decided to throw together a Crock pot dump.

I started by washing and cutting up 5 medium potatoes.  I turned my crock pot on low and let it start getting warmed up.


I sprinkled on garlic powder, pepper and a little Worcestershire sauce.  I didn't measure just sprinkled until it looked good to me.


Next I chopped up 1 onion and layered it on.


Then I browned 1/2 lb of Ground Chuck and layered it over the onion.


Finally I added a can of diced tomatoes (juice and all) along with another dash of garlic powder, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.


I put the lid on and cooked on low for 4 hours.  When it was done there was a little bit of liquid on the bottom.  I probably could have drained the tomatoes.


It was hearty and delicious and my house wasn't over heated by the oven.


I think this recipe could be very versatile.  I have already been thinking about ground turkey, ground sausage, kielbasa or diced ham instead of the ground chuck.  You could also exchange the tomatoes with tomato soup, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, onion soup or cream of celery.  I plan to try this in several different ways.  It is just too easy!

Linked to: A Vision to Remember , Funky Junk Interiors, I Heart Naptime!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, I'll have to give this a try! I LOVE crock pot recipes!

    Saw you at I ♥ Naptime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks super yummy!! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy!
    I've featured this recipe on my Yummy Wednesday blog post - here: http://thecraftbarn-ny.blogspot.com/2010/08/yummy-wednesday-825.html

    Thanks,
    Jennifer @ The Craft Barn

    ReplyDelete