Thursday, August 5, 2010

How to Soothe a Sunburn Frugally: Cucumber Lemon Tonic

I have had more than my fair share of sunburns in my life.  I am very fair and still use 50SPF Sunscreen when spending much time outdoors in the summer.   I know how uncomfortable and even painful having a sunburn can be.   

Here is a great frugal recipe that can help soothe your sunburn and you may already have the ingredients on hand.

CUCUMBER-LEMON TONIC
This tightens pores and can be used as an astringents, it soothes sunburn, and can also be used as a natural deodorant.
1 C. witch hazel
Juice of 1 lemon
3 T. coarsely chopped cucumber
Mix in a clean glass bottle, then let set for 2 days. Remove cucumber. Keep
lotion in a cool place or the refrigerator to use as a splash.


Linked to: Fingerprints on the Fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment