Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pear Recipe: Spiced Honey Pear Bread




















I had these poor little guys and knew they were about to reach certain death.  I hated to just throw them out so I decided to find a recipe for them.  I had made some pear bread (with canned pears) back in June but I thought I would try a new recipe.  We did really like the other recipe but I just like to try out new things.  :)

So I came across Amanda's recipe for Honey Pear Bread.   It looked great although I didn't have quite everything on hand so here is my adapted version.  I also halved the recipe and only made one loaf.


Spiced Honey Pear Bread
1 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1/2  teaspoon baking powder
1/2  teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2  teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup applesauce
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2 eggs
3 medium pears, peeled, cored and diced (what I had left after removing the bad spots)


Preheat oven to 350

I confess that I am kinda a lazy cook and I pretty much put everything in the bowl and mix by hand.  Of course I left the fruit until the end.  If you want to see Amanda's instructions you can check them out here.

Then I greased my glass bread pan and baked in the oven for about 50 minutes.

Remove from pan, let it cool, then slice and enjoy.

My version is not very sweet, just sweet enough.  When making recipes I usually make an effort to change them to make them healthier for us and the kids.  For more healty recipes for kids Click Here!

Everyone really loved it and it was gone by the next morning after breakfast.  :)


2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it Amber! We loved it here too :)

    ReplyDelete