Monday, November 1, 2010

Frugal Tip #1 Breakfast for Dinner








There are so many things that you can do make more of your families finances.  I am going to be sharing with you Frugal Tips that we use to bring our overall costs down.  Some of these you may already be doing, others may be new to you or you may even have some tips of your own.  Leave a comment and let us know one of your frugal tips. :)

Frugal Tip #1: Breakfast for Dinner

Breakfast for dinner is something we do at least once a payday (2 week period).  Everyone loves it, it is a change of pace and breakfast is usually very inexpensive.  Also when we do breakfast at night I have more time to work with so I am more apt to make something homemade like the waffles above from Saturday night.  Chances are, first thing in the morning I am not making homemade waffles.

Here are a few of our favorite Breakfast for Dinner items:

  1. Pancakes or Waffles
  2. Eggs and Turkey Bacon with Toast
  3. Eggs and Biscuits
  4. Biscuits and Gravy
  5. Breakfast Burritos
Does your family eat breakfast for dinner?  What is you favorite "go to" Breakfast for dinner menu?

Linked to: Life as Mom



5 comments:

  1. One of my husband's favorite dinners is breakfast. Since I'm not much of a morning person, I love having the extra time to prepare our favorite breakfast foods at dinner time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Domestic Diva, I am not a morning person either! Just because I am awake early doesn't mean I want to cook anything difficult! :)

    And early in the morning, most things are difficult! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breakfast for dinner is so much fun!
    BTW, can I ask what waffle maker you use? I have tossed several because they just don't get the waffles as nice and golden brown as the ones in your photo. And I have some homemade waffle mix I can't use because I don't have a waffle iron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mom2fur,

    My waffle maker is a cheapie I bought at Walmart a couple years ago. I think I only paid $10 or $15 for it. I am not even sure of the "brand" it is white and had a large "D" on top. It only makes 2 waffles at a time.

    I am no waffle expert by any means LOL, I just followed the directions on the Waffle Mix box which said to leave them until they almost completely stopped steaming and that is how they come out. Very tasty I might add! :

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thsnks, Amber! Maybe I haven't been letting them 'stop steaming.' Next waffle iron, I'll give that a try!

    ReplyDelete