Saturday, November 27, 2010

Paula Deen's Corn Casserole















For Thanksgiving we had to be at my Aunt's at 5pm for dinner.  I took a side, a dessert and a couple bottles of soda.  I discussed here how our family does a potluck of sorts for Thanksgiving.  Anyway, until thursday evening I had never ever tasted corn casserole before, let alone made it.  I actually had once watched Paula Deen do this recipe on tv and thought it looked delicious.  My version was only changed just slightly.

The original recipe is here on the Food Network website.

  • 2 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
  • 1 (8-ounce) package corn muffin mix (I used Martha's white, it was what I had)
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
  • 3/4 cups shredded cheese

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, stir together the 2 cans of corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, melted butter and shredded cheese. Pour into a greased 9 by 13-inch casserole dish. Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.

Because I had a pretty good drive to get to my Aunt's I didn't know how the cheese on top would hold up so I opted to mix the shredded cheese in with all the other ingredients and let it melt inside. I also didn't have creamed corn and this idea was last minute so I made it with just regular corn. 

It came out really good!  It had more of a cornbread texture, probably because it didn't have cream corn, but it was like a loaded cornbread.  Yummy and the pan dissappeared. 

Did you try out a new recipe for Thanksgiving? I would love to hear about it.

Linked to: House of Hepworths

No comments:

Post a Comment