This is Emeri's freshman year and it is her first time being in a Madrigal Choir. Some of the parents were renting costumes but the rentals were $70+ and you had to drive almost an hour one way to the rental place. So I looked at some of the previous years pictures of the event and then went on a search online.
I found this dress and really liked it and definitely liked the price:
When the dress arrived I did have to take both sides in an inch then I had to bring the hem up about 3 inches.
I decided I did not like the ric-rac that was outlining the design on the chest and the waist line. So I went to Walmart and got some shear black ribbon that was 1 inch wide and some shear gold ribbon that was 1/2 inch wide. I changed the embellishment on the front of the dress as well as on the headpiece by handsewing on the ribbon (and using the glue gun a bit).
For a total of $50 the dress came out great! Plus she will wear it in next years Madrigal as well, then we can get a new one for her Jr year. That price really beats the rental price.
Linked to: Fireflies and Jellybeans, Today's Creative Blog