Baked Pasta E. Fagioli. I love a recipe that can be a complete meal. There are veggies, carbs, protein and dairy. This meal is not only delicious but very hearty. We love this recipe and it is one of only a few ways I can get my family to eat spinach. (myself included)
Here are the ingredients you will need.
* 8 ounces penne (small) or elbow macaroni (about 2 cups)
* 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes in puree (whole or pre-chopped)
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 celery, chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, crushed
* 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans or white beans
* 1 cup vegetable broth
* black pepper, ground
* 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
* 1/2 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
We used macaroni noodles and the only other change was using fresh grated Parmesan cheese instead of Romano. You can get the complete instructions here.
Linked to: Funky Junk Interiors, Keeping it Simple, Hope Studios