Sunday, December 12, 2010

Snow Day: December 2010


Usually it seems that we get the majority of our snow after Christmas. However today we have our first snow day of this winter.  The actual amount of snow hasn't been really bad but the wind has been horrendous and the snow keeps getting blown all around.  So the road crews get the roads (main roads) cleared and then the snow is blown back on them.  The picture above was taken about 3 hrs ago and we have had continuous snow since then, however by no means a blizzard.  :)


Since we live in a rural area and there are lots of kids to be bussed that live on back roads they have called off school for tomorrow.  My girls are thrilled to miss school.  I am thrilled that I get to sleep in tomorrow.

For now I am going to stay cuddled up in my warm house.  I am thinking of making some homemade waffles and bacon for dinner then curling up and watching some t.v.

Have you had snow yet this winter?  Do your schools call off for a snow day very easily or does it need to be a blizzard outside?

No comments:

Post a Comment