Sunday, January 2, 2011

Menu Plan Monday 1/3/2011



2011 is going to be the year that I get at least a quite a bit more organized.  I am not looking for perfection but I am planning on really starting to get things in order.

So the first thing I am bringing back is my menu plan.  Over the past year I have menu planned off and on.  Sometimes I physically write it out, other times I just try and remember what my intentions are and that dosen't always work out.  I know that when I plan I am less likely to call my husband up at work and ask him to bring home take out.  I also know that when I plan I am less stressed out.

So here is my first menu plan of the year!


Breakfast:  This week we will be having oatmeal or eggs and turkey bacon.  Juice or milk to drink.
Lunch:  Choice of soup, PB&J Sandwiches, Grilled Cheese, crackers, yogurt, pudding


Dinners:

Monday:  Baked Balsamic Chicken, mashed potatoes and broccoli
Tuesday: Taco Soup
Wednesday:  Salsa Chicken Soft Tacos and Corn
Thursday: Grilled Turkey Bacon and Cheese Sandwiches and Homemade Fries
Friday:  Pizza or Take out
Saturday: Brown Rice and Lentil Casserole, Broccoli and Cheese
Sunday:  Soup and Sandwiches

My goal for menu planning is not to be elaborate (trying 5 new recipes in one week).  I just want to get my family fed with less stress and try at least one new recipe every week or 2.

Linked to: I'm an Organizing Junkie!

2 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds really good. I love taco soup! I also love lentils and rice casserole - I haven't made it in quite awhile!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry! Both of those meals are so easy and yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete