Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Husbands New Office

I thought I had a before, before picture but I can't seem to find it now.  When you come in our back door you can either go down the stairs to the basement or up a few stairs to the kitchen door.  Previously there was a small open landing where we had our laundry and I had a tall shelf for pantry items.  There was no wall closing it in and I just had a ceiling to floor curtain hiding it.

  
My Brother in Law built this wall and put in a door.


He then put up this small L shaped desk.  This is a super small room but will serve it's purpose.


We did not want to lose any windows,  we wanted every bit of outside light we could get.


Here is the view looking out the office door.  To the right is the kitchen door and the stairs take you to the back door.  Since we have the new built in area I will eventually have to repaint but it will be after some bedroom remodel.


I painted the walls and ceiling Silver Dust.  I found a small Oops paint at Walmart that was so dark grey it is almost black.  I used it to paint some accents in the room.  I finished with 2 coats of Poly on the desk top.

My hubby wants a large cork board in that empty space on the left.


I initially thought I would get some kind of blinds for the windows but hubby says he dosen't want the windows covered.  

I also painted that small section of countertop to match the desk.  As you can see he was already moving stuff in.  :)



We also still need some kind of rug/carpet in there but at least it is a workable space.


Domestically Speaking


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

2 comments:

  1. This looks great! Thanks for sharing over at my blog about reading...glad your kids love to!!!
    Blessings!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth and thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete