Wednesday, January 12, 2011

What Are You Making for Game Day?

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of TABASCO® Original Red. All opinions are 100% mine.

I post a lot of recipes on here, most of which are super easy to make.  My family loves to eat and I love to feed them frugally and simply.  Something you probably don't know about my family is that my husband and daughters are hot sauce fanatics.  They put hot sauce on nearly everything.  I used to be afraid to even try  TABASCO® Original Red because I am not what you would call a fan of the spice however after watching my loved ones ooh and aah over the taste of everything with the hot sauce I gave in a little.

So I began by adding Tabasco to my basic chili recipe:

1lb Ground Beef

2 cans diced tomatoes

2 cans beans (drained and rinsed)  we prefer black.

1 packet chili seasoning

Tabasco Original Red to taste

Brown beef in skillet and drain excess fat.  Add 2 cans of tomatoes with juices,  add drained beans, Tabasco and chili seasoning.  Add water to the pot, enough to cover all the ingredients by an inch or two.  Bring to a boil then turn down on low.  Cover pot and simmer as long as you have time.  I personally love to simmer my chili for hours.  The longer it simmers the better it tastes.

My recipe is super simple but it is a crowd pleaser.  I have made my chili for many guests who loved it. 

The Super Bowl is right around the corner and I am sure many of you will be having company.  Are you looking for some easy and delicious recipes to serve that day?  Check out the Game-Day Party Menu for some great party recipes. I am sure you will be able to find something to make that day a little extra special. 

If pizza is what your friends and family are after then I suggest you check out the Pizza Perfected page where you can get some awesome ideas on how to make any kind of pizza perfect.

We are personally a Pizza family,  I think we could live on pizza and never get tired of it.  I do have to admit though, I have never tried Tabasco on my pizza yet.  My kids (and hubby) on the other hand love it.

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments:

Post a Comment