Thursday, March 10, 2011

Homemade Pineapple Apple Soda

As a child it was really a rare event that we got real soda.   Instead my Mom treated us by making homemade soda.  There wasn't really any kind of special recipe nor did she use any type of soda making machine.  She just put together a mixture of one of our favorite juices with sparkling seltzer water.

Now that we are eating healthier soda has been put on the back burner.  I myself haven't drank real soda in around 4+ weeks.  My hubby and girls have had it a few times over the last few weeks but we are really trying to make that few and far between.

So I decided to try my hand at making my Mom's homemade soda for a treat around here.

There is really no scientific method to this.  You simply need a liter bottle of sparkling seltzer water and your favorite juice.

In the picture above we have Pineapple Apple Soda

I used:

1 Liter Bottle of Sparkling Seltzer Water
R.W. Knudsen Organic Pineapple Juice (32 oz)
3 Cups Hansen's Organic Apple Juice

I basically just stirred them together.  The pineapple foamed a lot so I had to let it sit for a bit before I poured it into the bottles.  Then I just put it in the fridge until it cooled.

I also made Blueberry Pomegranate Soda using the same type of principal.  Depending on the type of juice you are using you may need to add more or less in order to get a good balance.  You don't want the soda to be overly sweet or too carbonated so just taste test until you get it the way you want it.

This new soda went over super well in our home.  The girls loved them....even hubby and I loved them.  The girls are already requesting that we try other flavors.

giveaways Chic on a Shoestring Decorating

No comments:

Post a Comment