Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pineapple Orange Smoothies

A little more than a week ago I bought my first ever blender.  That's almost a crime isn't it?  Anyway, I bought it for the sole purpose of making smoothies.

Since we have changed our eating habits I have stopped a few different times on a busy day by McDonalds in order to get a Small Wild Berry Smoothie.  They are only 180 calories and they are delicious.  But I figured I could make them at home with better ingredients that would be much better for us.

In the picture you see my very first smoothies.  I used a recipe I found on Money Saving Mom and tweaked it just a little bit.

1 orange peeled and frozen
2 cups frozen pineapple
1 cup organic skim milk
1 cup organic vanilla yogurt
5tsp. organic sugar

I added the liquid ingredients to the blender first then sprinkled in the sugar and added the frozen fruit a little bit at a time blending in between.  Once it was done we had a super yummy smoothie snack.

Since then we have been making smoothies several times a week.  Sometimes we make them for breakfast and other times we make them for after school snacks.  Everyone in this house loves them.

What is your favorite smoothie recipe?


Tidy Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment