3 c Sugar
1 Pinch of Salt
3/4 c White Corn Syrup
2 c Pecan Halves
1 t Baking Soda
1 c Buttermilk
2 T Butter
- In a large saucepan, (5 or 6 Quart size) combine sugar, baking soda,salt, buttermilk and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, continue cooking until mixture becomes caramel-colored and reaches soft ball stage (238 degrees).
- Remove from heat, add butter and pecan halves.
- Beat until thick enough to drop from a spoon onto waxed paper.
- (If mixture becomes too hard, return to heat and add small amount of water. Stir until smooth.)
- Yieslds: 44 to 48 Pralines.