SPICY APPLE CRISP
6 to 8 cooking apples
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 peel of one lemon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Peel, quarter and core cooking apples.
- Cut apple quarters into thin slices and place it in a bowl.
- Blend nutmeg and cinnamon then sprinkle over apples.
- Sprinkle with lemon rind. Add lemon juice and toss to blend.
- Arrange slices in a large baking dish.
- Make a mixture of sugar, flour and butter in a mixing bowl then put over apples, smoothing it over.
- Place the dish in the oven. If dish is very full, put a pan under the dish to catch spills.
- Bake at 370° for 60 minutes, until browned and apples are tender.