Saturday, October 29, 2011
APPLE SAUCE CAKE
2 cupfuls flour
1/8 teaspoonful cloves
1 1/2 teaspoonfuls cinnamon
1 teaspoonful nutmeg
1 teaspoonful baking soda
1/4 teaspoonful salt
1 cupful sugar
1 cupful apple sauce (unsweetened)
1/3 cupful fat
1 cupful raisins, cut in halves
Mix the sugar and apple sauce; add the fat. Mix the dry ingredients. Through a sifter, add them to the apple sauce mixture. Flour the raisins and stir them into the batter. Turn into a greased loaf-cake pan or into two layer-cake pans. Bake in a moderate oven (375 degrees F.). If the cake is baked in layers, put Raisin Filling between them, but omit the raisins in the cake batter.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
RAISIN APPLE CRISP
1/4 cup Raisins
1/4 cup Chopped nuts
1/8 cup Water
3/8 cup Brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon Lemon juice
2 tablespoon Flour
2 tablespoon margarine
1/8 teaspoon Salt
Wash, pare, core and slice apples thinly. Mix with raisins. Place in a greased casserole Add cinnamon, salt, lemon juice and water Work sugar, flour and margarine (fat) together to form crumb like consistency Spread over apple and raisin mixture Bake in 380 degree oven for at least 30 minutes.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
SPICY APPLE CRISP
6 to 8 cooking apples
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 peel of one lemon
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Peel, quarter and core cooking apples.
- Cut apple quarters into thin slices and place it in a bowl.
- Blend nutmeg and cinnamon then sprinkle over apples.
- Sprinkle with lemon rind. Add lemon juice and toss to blend.
- Arrange slices in a large baking dish.
- Make a mixture of sugar, flour and butter in a mixing bowl then put over apples, smoothing it over.
- Place the dish in the oven. If dish is very full, put a pan under the dish to catch spills.
- Bake at 370° for 60 minutes, until browned and apples are tender.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011
1/4 c Butter
3/4 c Sour Cream
1 c White Sugar
1 t Vanilla
1/4 t Salt
1/2 c Nuts
1 c Brown Sugar
2 T White Syrup
- Melt butter.
- Add brown sugar and heat to boiling.
- Add white sugar, sour cream and salt.
- Cook to 236 degrees.
- Add vanilla and nuts then beat until thick.
- Pour into buttered pan.
- Let sit until firm then cut and serve
3 c Sugar
1 Pinch of Salt
3/4 c White Corn Syrup
2 c Pecan Halves
1 t Baking Soda
1 c Buttermilk
2 T Butter
- In a large saucepan, (5 or 6 Quart size) combine sugar, baking soda,salt, buttermilk and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, continue cooking until mixture becomes caramel-colored and reaches soft ball stage (238 degrees).
- Remove from heat, add butter and pecan halves.
- Beat until thick enough to drop from a spoon onto waxed paper.
- (If mixture becomes too hard, return to heat and add small amount of water. Stir until smooth.)
- Yieslds: 44 to 48 Pralines.
Monday, October 3, 2011
I purchased 3 by the Iced Gingerbread was a new one that I had never tried and I am in LOVE with it. It smells like you are baking homemade Gingerbread cookies. Yum!
Do you love to burn candles? What are your favorite fall scents?
My girls and I actually tried TRESemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo a few months ago. I had gotten a great deal on it with coupons and figured it was worth a shot. I personally have super fine hair and if I don't shampoo every day my hair looks greasy and just gross.
We found the product easy to use and like other TRESemm'e products it smells so good! Which makes the dry shampoo perfect for freshening up when you have little to no time.
Here are some basic instructions on how to use TRESemm'e Fresh Start Dry Shampoo:
- Do shake vigorously before use and in between spray bursts for best results.
- Do lift sections of dry hair and spray lightly at roots
- Do spray in short bursts, holding 8-12 inches from head
- Don’t spray it like hair spray (all over and continuously)
- Do leave in for 1-2 minutes.
- Do use fingertips or a brush to distribute product evenly
- If clogging occurs, remove nozzle and rinse the nozzle under warm water, then reattach.
TRESemm'e offers a complete line of dry shampoos perfect for those days that you don't have time to shampoo. The special formula was created to absorb excess oil and odor so that you look and feel fresh & clean. Their full line includes a Strenghtening Dry Shampoo, Volumizing Dry Shampoo (which is what I have used), a Smoothing Dry Shampoo and a Moisturizing Waterless Foam Shampoo. There is a formula to fit your needs.
If you have checked out the video above I highly suggest you do. Julia Allison shares her first experience with TRESemm'e Fresh Start Dry Shampoo. She is giving away a $500 Target Gift Card to 1 lucky viewer.
So how can you enter?
- Leave a comment on the YouTube post about why you want to try TRESemmé Fresh Start
- Tweet out a message containing the URL of the YouTube post that they are entering through as well as the hashtag #TRES*FRESHSTART