Thursday, June 19, 2014

Rag Strip Banner


I was planning an Easter/spring photo session with a mom for her little boy and one of the things she liked are the rag banners you see all over Pinterest.  Since I have tons of material in the basement I decided to dig around and see what what I might have that would work.  

I wanted it to work for boy or girl and I wanted it to have colorful easter egg type colors.




In the basement I found 2 different floral prints that had many colors in them I also had pink/white gingham and purple gingham.  So I planned a trip to Walmart, I was wanting to get some yellow, green and turquoise.

I found some fat quarters and chose a pretty yellow, turquoise and green.



What happened next wasn't specific or scientific.

I took the four materials I had at home and cut pieces of each the same size as the fat quarters.  Next I sat on the couch watching tv and tore all the strips.  I don't have a rotary cutter so I just snipped the material about every inch and then started tearing.

I am sure this is much easier with a rotary cutter and if I ever make another one I will be buying one.



I cut a heavy duty piece of ribbon trim and that is what I tied the strips on to.  I decided I wanted the banner to be full so I tore a lot of strips and tied them quite close together.  From start to finish this took me almost 3 hours.


When I got done I had some strings I needed to trim due to the tearing of the strips but I absolutely loved it and I loved that it was a little on the "raggedy" side as opposed to being precise.






2 comments:

  1. This is so cute. Thinking about doing a longer version for a photobooth backdrop. Such a great idea! I would love it if you linked this up to my Motivate Me Monday linky party at IT'S A ginger SNAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Kdbug! I will check it out

    ReplyDelete